[OM] 100 vs. 100

Subject: [OM] 100 vs. 100
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 20:05:18 -0500
Happy '04, all!

Chris Barker wrote:
The 100/2.8 is a lovely little lens and some prefer it to
the 85/2.

I love my 85/2--but having used a 100 with a previous (non-OM) camera, I sometimes feel that it may be a more generally useful focal length.

Does anyone have an opinion about the 100/2? Seems like a steep size/price premium over the /2.8, but closer focusing. . . Decent lens?

Non-OM content:

Jerry Liles wrote:
Ahh yes the Hummer 2 or as I prefer to call it, the "Hummeroid".

Good one! It amuses me that this comes equipped with three marker lights across the roof--required by law because, at over 7 feet wide, it has to comply with some regulations for commercial trucks.

best,

  --Ross