[OM] Lens cap question

Subject: [OM] Lens cap question
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:22:21 -0500
Hello all,

I have had this little question in the back of my mind for many months now;
and given our lack of on topic discussion here it is.

I have been trying to find a suitable alternative to having to remove the
hood from my 50mm f1.4 to fit the lens cap each time I put the camera away.
When its in general usage I have taken to skipping the lens cap as the
process is very long winded. I have the metal Olympus version of the hood so
it occurred to me that perhaps something would fit over this and become my
lens cap. Now a spring mounted cap would not be such a good idea as the
black lining could get scraped off over time.

So my question is does anyone know of a suitable cap that would fit over the
hood or some thing else that would serve duty instead?

Thanks in advance,

Dan S