Re: [OM] OM sure right/also kit advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OM sure right/also kit advice
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:38:15 -0800

>Here is what I'm thinking right now: OM2s with 28, 35 and 50mm, and 2 or 3
>49mm filters 81a and polarizer, Olympus RC, Olympus Epic w2.8, Olympus S20
>flash for the RC, and t32 for the OM2s. Elitechrome 100 EC film only,
>Kodachrome 64 is staying home this time. Maybe some print film of some sort.

Wayne, i see the 28, 35 and 50 as being too close, but that sounds like
your shooting preference. Better buy a 35~70/3.5-4.5 :>)  I'd go wider
if that 18~28 isn't too bulky and also take the 135 (if of the 3.5 49mm
filter persuasion). A great lens for unobtrusive candid shots in the
markets or on the street and not the end of the world if lost or
damaged.  It also works for landscapes e.g. up on the altiplano to bring
up the distant mountains.  My old standby travel kit:  28, 135, and
maybe a 50 macro and 2x.  but then that was my only kit. Now I would go
24, 35~70, and 135. or maybe just a 35~105.

mike