[OM] You ask now listen

Subject: [OM] You ask now listen
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:25:55 -1000
****

First of all Andrew, going to the lowest denominator by calling me in so
many words a crazy party crasher doesn't show much intelligence or
imagination but I do admit you do for an old fart take some good photo's
not like some here that could use some lessons (last TOPE was sad).

Now telling me to love it or leave it, doesn't fly because it would be
better to love it and make it better.

If you look at the last digest you will see some where in agreement to
the vomitish overload of bullshit lately.

************************
Gordon said;
"My questions for Dan then, would be....
What is it that you would like to see?
What OM information would you like to share with us?"

OK you ask, so listen for once.

Gordon: Here's what would vastly help but sadly may never happen.

Break the forum into category and topics that would stop the bullshit
from plopping to the ground and give each person an avatar to protect
them from there own social mistakes and prevent death threats from Idaho
and the likes of keyboard courage.

This would mean modernizing the forum and a way to imbed photos to the
page instantly.
Of course this would be a commitment to everyone donating a bit of
$greenbacks$ and rotation of live monitors to filter or move threads to
appropriate categories.

Under OM Photo Presentations:
Nature & Wildlife
Landscape Photographer City, Still life & Abstract
People Photography
Black & White Vision
Macro World
Sports Corner
Wedding Photographer

These categories would bring the BS to a halt because you would be
having too much fun.
Assignments and critique
Weekly Assignments
Monthly Assignments
Photo Critique
Technical and aesthetic critique

OM Gear-talk
Len's Zuiko, Tamron est.
Digital corner
Lighting technique
Editing & Printing
Buy and Sell
AND FINALLY.............. drum roll please.
Bullshit Forum (there'd be no empty seat here ;)

You may THINK I'm crazy and insensitive but I know what would work.
This set up is not far off from the modern chat pages out there.
I've had a camera in my hands since 1959 and loved it ever since.
XDan

****
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Actually Dan has a point. When i connect my BS meter  to the digest it
has been pegged off the chart lately. Mind you i don't mind a bit of OT
and participate myself.  But the OM content has been pretty sparse of
late or perhaps it gets buried in the chafe of the digest.  Does this
mean we aren't out taking pictures? Or maybe interest in OM is on the
wane.

Mike
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have to agree even the photo content on the list is sparse ...

I vaguely remember Tamron made the long focal length lenses that could
be
broken down into shorter pieces but didn't know that Tokina had also.
Does
anybody have great things or even good things to say about them?

- -jeff