Re: [OM] Lens cap question

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens cap question
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:09:41 +1100
I prefer 'hood caps' too - works better with a straight-sided hood and a push on cap. because hoods are often odd diameters, the best solution I've found is to go into a local camera store that sells a lot of second hand gear and rummage through their junk bins trying whatever they've got on the hood - often something like a binocular cap is a good fit. Always rummage anyway - you find solutions to problems that you didn't know you had, and new problems to replace them.
AndrewF

I've seen people use small plastic covers with an elastic band that are
actually made to put over the tops of food containers. I have not seen them
in stores for a long time but suppose they are still available. /jim