Re: [OM] A couple of new additions Tokina 24-40 & Sigma Fisheye

Subject: Re: [OM] A couple of new additions Tokina 24-40 & Sigma Fisheye
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:44:02 +1100
Are you sure that's an interchangeable mount, Skip? The Sigma Filtermatic comes apart with a bayonet mid-section so that you can switch filters inside (22.5mm? on the rear of the front section) There should be a 'normal' filter in there at least. It did occur to me once that you could use it in this way - i.e. buy another one with a damaged front element so that you had one good front and two different mount back halves - but I don't think that Sigma quite had this in mind. The Y/S mount was used by Sun as well - it's a very simple mount compared to an Adaptall and screwed on to the outer rim of the lens back with an outer knurled ring - at least the Sun zoom I once owned with an M42 Y/S mount worked in that way.
AndrewF

SNIP

And I got a Sigma 16/2.8 fisheye that has an interchangable mount, much like the Tamron Adaptall. Has anyone ever seen one of these lenses? I think it's called the Y-S mount. The front optical section bayonets off the mount adapter, which has at least one optical element. I found some info on Monahan's site, but very little anywhere else. I had sold my Zuiko 16/3.5 last year for a good price ($650 if I remember right), and I missed it. This one came along in my Ebay sesarch bot email with a $150.00 BIN price and I snagged it.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Skip