Re: [OM] A couple of new additions Tokina 24-40 & Sigma Fisheye

Subject: Re: [OM] A couple of new additions Tokina 24-40 & Sigma Fisheye
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:04:16 -0800
Skip Williams wrote:

Well, I couldn't stand it, and after selling off about 60-70% of my OM stuff, I
just HAD to fill back in where I left holes.

So I got a Tokina 24-40 zoom from KEH, which feels very nice and replaces the
28-48, but at quite a weight penalty.....but I get 4 more mm on the low end.

The 'weight penalty' has more to do with gaining a stop, I think. I also think that the 4mm gain at the wide end is much more important than the 8mm loss at the long end. The one thing I've run into with fairly limited use of mine so far is some rather severe flare with the sun just outside the frame, at least at the wide end. Finding the matching lens hood at a semi-reasonable price was a lengthy search and buying adventure. The are still available new, but pricey.

Moose