Re: [OM] ( OM ) postings to the group (ends up long !! Be warned. )

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) postings to the group (ends up long !! Be warned. )
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:25:59 EST
 ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
In addition, it reminds me that I use OMs partly because this List exists...
How true for me too. I also agree with Brian, Chris, Les, and George W.
I left this list when I left the OM system and went whole-hog into another
system. I not only terribly missed my OMs, I missed this community. Some
old-timers may be tired of the same OM info going back and forth, but we should
be
glad that some of the same questions are being asked, and not annoyed!  That
tells us there's a new group, a new generation if you will, of Olympus OM users
who have found this list. Let's face it, the archives isn't the easiest place
to have your question answered. We all forget to change the header when we
reply to a thread and take the discussion in a different direction. This makes
it
very difficult to tell what is being discussed when you try and read some
posts a couple of years from now.
My feeling is there should be some leeway with regard to Olympus topics in
general, and not just stick to "OM and only new OM topics".  If the subject
header _ accurately _ reflects what's being discussed, we can just skip what we
don't want to be a part of. But don't chastise someone because THEY DO want to
be a part of it. Recently there was an off-topic discussion that got going, and
someone piped in to "knock it off" a mere SIX hours after it started! These
usually peter out all by themselves, sometimes people may need a gentle nudge
to end it, but six hours? Give people a chance to chime in that want to, off
topic or not. This is a large planet and some of us may not have even been
awake
since the discussion started!

my .02..
George S.