Re: [OM] ( OM ) postings to the group (ends up long !! Be warned. )

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) postings to the group (ends up long !! Be warned. )
From: Christoph Berndt <christob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:24:52 +0100
Am 06.01.2004 9:06 Uhr schrieb "Brian Swale" unter <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi all,

*snip* - but allright to me,

especially:

> I like the back-chat and the revealing of other interests. It has helped me
> get to know many of us, also through off-list letters. I have enjoyed meeting
> list-members visiting my home city, and clearly many of you have enjoyed group
> meetings in Germany, Australia, UK, USA and where-else I do not know.
> Rightly or wrongly, I feel I now have a group of friends all over the world
> whose friendship I value and which matters to me.
>
> So.   I don't know where this group is headed, but I do know I'd hate it to
> become a dry, matter-of-fact On-Topic only group.
> Brian

IMHO well said, Brian,

i like this list for many OM-stuff-informations, but i love it for some OT,
because i (as an European) learn much about your U.S.A.-, Canadian-,New
Zealand-, Australian-, Japanese-, and-so-on-worldwide-humour,
perspektiveties, and the contact with the members gives a good feel of the
IMHO fact, that we are all part of mankind, with similar wishes and dreams
about what life makes so cheerful.

Cheers, Christoph