Re: [OM] some of my pics

Subject: Re: [OM] some of my pics
From: David Cochran <cochran@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:31:06 -0400
snip
>These shots would be great examples to shove under a Leica snob's nose, you
> know, the ones who say truly beautiful images can only be attained with leitz
> glass.... and one certain Bob Shell (U.S. columnist, photo-expert) who i had
> one or two discussions with in the past. He is quite vocal in his criticisms
> of
> Zuiko lenses.
>
> Best,
> George S.

Hi George:

It is funny that Leica "snobs" can say that. I have a few pro, commercial
photographers that own and shoot with Leicas daily and when I told them I
got an Olympus OM with Zuikos they all gasped and said these are extremely
good lenses that DO compare with Leitz. "Good for you, OM's are great"...

To me it comes down to what you do with your Leitz or Zuikos, you can have
the most amazing lens, sharp as a katana, 1 million elements, but bad
subjects or no use at all, is like having a dirty brown beer bottle for a
lens.

peace

David