Re: [OM] [OT] A Man of Letters

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] A Man of Letters
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:04:57 +1100
Your right, Walt - the hat is a worry. Of course people are allowed to use and own pistols here - they just aren't allowed to take them home from the club/range. The fact that the guy in this photograph may be armed is the reason why, I suspect. :) Of course, I don't wear glasses any more (except for reading) and have lost some weight so me it is not. However, I did spend some time this afternoon looking very much like that and had a machete in my hand as well - serious weeding is sooooo therapeutic.
AndrewF
(proper gardening is achieved with a chainsaw and a goat)

Jim,

What are you trying to pull?  That's not Andrew!  The sign in the
background is proof positive this photograph was taken in the good
ol' US of A, not in Oz, where they're not permitted to play with
those things.

Of course, I'm relieved you didn't imply it might be me.  But it
couldn't be, for at least three reasons:

1. I stopped smoking tobacco products over 8 years ago.
2. I would NEVER wear that hat.
3. My T-shirt like that got shrunk up in the dryer (hah!) and I
can't wear it anymore.

Walt, a man of more words than letters

If I had my way, any man guilty of golf would be ineligible for
any office of trust in the United States. -- H.L. Mencken