Re: [OM] ( OM ) postings to the group (ends up long !! Be warned. )

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) postings to the group (ends up long !! Be warned. )
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 01:02:10 -0800
Sometimes when a thread starts with a long post and is already many posts long by the time I encounter it, I put the whole thing off for a bit. Especially true of list related issues. With flame wars, I can skim through the whole thing after the fact or just delete it wholesale. With weightier material, I can read it all at once and get an overall sense of it.

In this case, I finally read this thread through. I have to say that Brian has captured how I feel extremely well and others who have expanded on their agreement have done so very well too.

Oh, except I haven't noticing minding Mike's Island posts (and I liked the foxes!)

And /jim said "Some of the threads seem to go on for an excessive time with many people repeating the same information." I've noticed this repetition too. My theory is that this is people (primarily digest users??) who reply as they go through the posts, without waiting to see if the questions have been answered, etc. I generally go through all the new posts once, deleting those I don't wish to reply to, then go back to do the replies. So often the answer, expansion, disagreement, smart assed comment, etc. that I had planned has already been taken care of by another listee. Occasionally, even better than I could have done! :-)

Moose