[OM] some of my pics

Subject: [OM] some of my pics
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:29:14 -0000
Wow, thanks for the great response everyone! Will try and get more up soon -
this has certainly been an encouragement.

>I would love to know if you are using films
>like velvia or are they digital images!?

No digital, all with OMs, usual film is Kodak EBX (elitechrome 100
extracolour) or Velvia. I scan 'em with a N*kon (arrgh!) coolscan IV. They
usually need some contrast and saturation adjustment to make them look as
close as possible to whats on the lightbox - particularly when compressing
to a jpeg.

>at 1024x768 I found everything a bit small.  Even at 800x600 (does
>anyone use this setting any more?) it could be bigger.

I guess I do :-) Fair comment though. When I do a gallery the pics will be
bigger.

>And I was hoping to see more of your Patagonia photos.

Will concentrate on those first! Certainly my most productive trip.

From my point of view, it is interesting that a few people remarked on the
apparent sharpness of the photos, whilst lots said the pics need to be
bigger
I would think that its very hard to judge quality where the pics are this
small, certainly where Le*ca vs Zuiko is concerned! But nice to hear all the
same. Now... back to dreamweaver!!
Adam