Re: [OM] Unnatural use of OM gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Unnatural use of OM gear
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:49:33 -0500
Duct tape: none.

Epoxy: Some, but not relevant to this adaptation of equipment.
This is the T Power Control 1 I sullied by epoxying the foot back
on last year after both it and I collided with a large oak tree on
a slick hillside.  I have two others that are unscathed, not a
trace of epoxy anywhere, but, in the interest of full disclosure,
I must admit the one used here is the "ruined because it's been
glued" one.

Dremel: Just a tiny bit of griding in the bottom of the hot shoe
adapter to keep the TTL contacts from grounding out.  (For those
not fluent in the Murkin language, "ground" is the equivalent
elsewhere of "earth" or "negative.")

This turned out to be such a simple undertaking I'm mystified that
I didn't try it a long time ago.  No OM gear was modified,
injured, insulted or disrespected in any way.

Walt

If I had my way, any man guilty of golf would be ineligible for
any office of trust in the United States. -- H.L. Mencken