[OM] Postings to the group

Subject: [OM] Postings to the group
From: Donald MacDonald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:12:45 -0000

I watched this little exchange with a burning desire to participate, but held my tongue until I thought it over a bit. Here's my tuppence...

This group gets me out shooting my OMs and other cameras. Not just because we discuss OMs, or Olympus gear in general, but because we have banter and cultural exchange, and by and large we get on pretty well.

Over the last few years, when things have been pretty dark, I've drawn a great deal of strength and comfort from the daily flood of messages from all you people, most of whom I've never met.

Recently I've started a project photographing my home village (well, it's a small town, now) and have been out a few times just wandering about places I haven't been to since I was a small boy. It has been great fun, and one or two useful images have resulted. It has also helped my recovery, because I meet people out there who are walking dogs or just taking the air, or who want to know what I'm doing (in the nicest possible way).

It's the list that has given me the kick up the rump that I needed to get out and do something with time that would otherwise have been spent spiralling down to wherever I was headed before I sought help. When things are bad I need to concentrate on something I can do, at whatever standard, that gives me satisfaction and pleasure.

Naming individuals would be odious, but the impetus of the TOPEs and GeeBee's local pics have been instrumental recently. All those individuals I've met and corresponded with over the years are important to me, but the group activity as a whole keeps me going.

One photo to share; not part of the local project, it's just outside the border, but here it is anyway.

http://www.skelpitheid.com/wheel.html

Thanks to you all.

D.

--