Re: [OM] Lens cap question

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens cap question
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:21:17 -0500
Uhm, you have the metal, straight-sided hood, right?  It is secured by a
set-screw right?  Here's the method I use:

1.      Unscrew hood
2.      Remove hood
3.      Reverse hood by 180deg
4.      Place reversed hood over lens, i.e., he actual hood now encircles the
lens
5.      Secure hood with set screw
6.      Put lens cap on

You are now done.  Total time should be a couple of seconds unless you're
wearing gloves (twice as long) or mittens (forget it and remove mittens first).
 Am I missing something?  Doesn't seem "long-winded" to me.

This is one of the reasons I love the metal hoods.

Earl