Re: [OM] Postings to the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Postings to the group
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:43:22 EST
In a message dated 1/10/2004 5:11:24 PM Central Standard Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Keep on keepin' on, as some of us old Berkeley hippies used to say, and
be well.

Moose, are you sure you were one of the hippies and not one of the Hell's
Angels who use to hang out in Berkeley? I spent a good part of 1966 and 67
there
as I was stationed at Oak Knoll Navy Hospital in Oakland and dating/living
with a young lady who was a student at UCB.  Use to get a few strange looks
while
wearing my Cracker Jack sailor uniform, but can't say that I ever had a
problem in or around the campus and we were within blocks of campus.  That was
in
interesting time.  A few days ago I was looking at some slides I made with my
Miranda camera at Christmas time 1967 in Berkeley, just before leaving on a
years tour of duty on the Mekong Delta.  Yes, that was an interesting time and
have many fond memories of those years.    Bill Barber