Re: [OM] Postings to the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Postings to the group
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:22:46 -0500
Donald,

Very nice shot, tonal range and all. Could you get a close-up of the other end? I am interested in how it opens to let the boat out.

There was an article in the National Geographic about the English canal system some time ago. It seems to be much more extensive than the one in the US. Ours is not at all integrated like this.

gregg

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. It's a pretty iconic structure.

Charles, I had planned to go up there again tomorrow, but the forecast is discouraging, and the wheel is undergoing its annual maintenance programme just now, so I may put it off. If there is better weather next week I will be up there, though. I thought about doing a TOPE 'movement' shot up there, but couldn't figure out the mechanics of capturing the seven-or-so-minute sequence..! I will have a page of images of it soon, though.

I'd like a nice 'wet' print of it, the inkjets have a slight colour tinge to them. Later.

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.skelpitheid.com