[OM] NEED HELP OF OM 3Ti / OM 3 OWNERS / USERS / REPAIRERS

Subject: [OM] NEED HELP OF OM 3Ti / OM 3 OWNERS / USERS / REPAIRERS
From: Olaf Iwert <oiwert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:30:50 +0100
Cc: oiwert@xxxxxxx

NEED HELP OF OM 3Ti / OM 3 owners / users / repairers:

I came across an OM 3Ti in perfect condition, but one problem :
The leather on the position, where the OM 4 / OM 4Ti have their self
timer was bowed, so it is thicker.

Peeling off the leather carefully, I can see all parts properly mounted
as shown in the repair manual
(also the additional and properly positioned metal part covering this
hole).
The only thing I noticed is that the leather at this position has like
an additional self glueing circular area.

In other words I can not see anything wrong with it, except that the bow
is there, when mounting the leather back.

Has anyone the same on his one (please compare) ?
Do you have any comments on whether this could be a phenomenon due to
version of the leather or the serial number ?

Please let me know what you think as soon as possible.
Please reply with copy offline to oiwert@xxxxxxx

Many thanks in advance from the second Iwert on the list.