[OM] Re: New list and Netscape 7.0 (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: New list and Netscape 7.0 (OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:03:19 +1100
> larry [mailto:lmwoods@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> I use Netscape 7.0's news reader for my mail,

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for some of my email, and...

> 1) prior message quotations all show up as vertical grey
> bars on the left side of the text.  Is the list software
> doing that, converting >, >  >>, >>>, etc. into bars?

...I suggest it is your software doing it, as Thunderbird
does the same (unsurprisingly) - just its way of display
-differenitating quoted email from actual reply I think.

> 2) Some text shows up as light grey.   The thing that seems
> to trigger a shift from black text to grey is a line consisting
> of  two hyphens (--) in the first two columns and nothing else
> on the line.

The two hyphens are used by some just above their signatures,
allowing some mail clients to filter out signatures from
mail. I would suggest that is what Netscape is doing in
its own way.

I'm not sure how switchable these things are in your
"Edit", "Preferences".

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz