[OM] Re: New list and Netscape 7.0

Subject: [OM] Re: New list and Netscape 7.0
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:31:07 -0800
on 1/12/04 8:22 PM, larry at lmwoods@xxxxxxx wrote:

> P.S.  And the irony is that the grey shift has been happening quite a
> bit.  Although only three people used a "--" in their signature lines
> (in a survey of Digest #3), one of them happens to be:
>
>> --
>> ------------------------------------------------ Thomas Heide Clausen
>> Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt) M.Sc in Computer Engineering
>> E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx WWW: http://voop.free.fr/

The '--" is I believe an old Unix delimiter for .sig files, perhaps it
triggers some response in the mail-reader software. If I do a non-selected
'reply' in MS Outlook Express 5.03 for Mac it cuts off the included quoted
original message at the "--" which is the intended function I think...?
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

Not an old Unix jock by any means, but its in my .sig's also...