[OM] Re: New list and Netscape 7.0

Subject: [OM] Re: New list and Netscape 7.0
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:12:18 +0100
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:22:35 -0500
larry <lmwoods@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use Netscape 7.0's news reader for my mail, and get the OM list in
> digest form.  Netcape displays the digest's text with a couple of
> interesting quirks.
>
> 1) prior message quotations all show up as vertical grey bars on the
> left side of the text.  Is the list software doing that, converting >,
>  >>, >>>, etc. into bars?

No, that would be netscape....

> 2) Some text shows up as light grey.   The thing that seems to trigger a
> shift from black text to grey is a line consisting of  two hyphens (--)
> in the first two columns and nothing else on the line.  That line, and
> everything  else after it shows up in light grey until .....

....would be netscape too.

> 3) A quotation (defined by the vertical grey bar) shifts the text back
> to black from grey.

....would also be netscape.

As a matter of fact, all the list sw ever sends is plain text. Any fancy
formatting must be blamed on your mail client ;)

> Does anyone else use Netscape 7.0?  Do you get the same things?
>
>         ----- Larry Woods
>
> P.S.  And the irony is that the grey shift has been happening quite a
> bit.  Although only three people used a "--" in their signature lines
> (in a survey of Digest #3), one of them happens to be:

Huh? A "-- " (minus minus space) is the standardized signature seperator?
Methinks your mail client is playing games on you, mate.....

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx