[OM] Re: [OT] Expired Reala

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Expired Reala
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:00:08 -0500

Moose wrote:

> For slide
>film, you really have to watch it. For negative film that will be
>auto-printed, any modest color shift will be lost in the auto color
>balance settings of the printer and using film several months out of
>date that has been stored at modest temps tends to be unnoticeable.

It is not unusual for me to take film, slide or print, out of the
freezer several years out of date and not notice a difference between it
and a fresh roll.  Even moderate refrigeration will extend the useful
life of the film well past it's expiration date.  The expiration dates
are typically for film that has been stored at room temp.

Charles