[OM] New Toy! Bill Barber made me do it.

Subject: [OM] New Toy! Bill Barber made me do it.
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:14:28 -0500
Thanks a lot, Bill!

I just closed a deal for a LN Toyo 45A(R) 4X5 field camera with a
210/5.6 Rodenstock Sironar-N lens, plus some other goodies.  Since
I already have a 65/5.6 Schneider-Kreuznach Super-Angulon, a
90/5.6 Calumet Caltar, and a 150/5.6 Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-S,
all of which are really 4x5 lenses that I've been using with my
2x3 gear, I thought it was high time I let them do double duty and
for me to make use of more than just the central portion of the
image they project.  Also, now having a 4x5 scanner made this a
much more justifiable, and not just emotional, decision.  (Anybody
got a couple of Toyo lens boards they're not using?)

I figured, too, that since I haul my OM gear around in the fabled
go-anywhere Toyota OM-4Runner, it was at least alphabetically
appropriate to add a Toyo 4x5 to the kit.

What can I get now for the "ta"?

The more you read and observe about this politics thing, you got
to admit that each party is worse than the other.  The one that's
out always looks the best. -- Will Rogers