[OM] Re: film development tank

Subject: [OM] Re: film development tank
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:52:40 -0700
At 05:58 AM 15/01/2004, you wrote:

>I will concede that I've never used any plastic tank/reel that wasn't
>'community property' at a darkroom. That may be part of my problem with
>them... Had I purchased my own my experiences may have been different.

Indeed!

"Community property" darkroom equipment, in my experience, seems to suffer
from a "tragedy of the commons" -- no one keeps the stuff clean and in good
working order, unless an obvious problem arises.

I keep my plastic (nylon) Paterson reels pristine between
uses.  Cleanliness is next to godliness (and next to
impossible).  ;-)  They have yet to fail me, though as I go ever-deeper
into the digital darkroom, they get less and less use...

Garth