[OM] Re: film development tank

Subject: [OM] Re: film development tank
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:06:51 -0500
I went the opposite way. Probably because the Plastic reels I would
use  were often still wet, or at times I would have to load a wet film. I
also discovered how easy it is to dry film in a metal reel.  Use a
cardboard or plastic tube dryer with a fan and filter at the bottom, and
drop the loaded reels in the top after dunking them in a wetting
agent.  Never got lint or dust on negatives after that.

No one has mentioned the problem that can happen with Nikor reals.  It is
possible to drop and bend them so they no longer work correctly.  It can
also be frustrating to grab several reels to load in the dark and then have
to figure out which method is used to secure the film at the center of the
reel.

Much of my frustration in this was in classes or darkrooms used by
several  individuals.  When I have used my own metal reels I have had no
problems, whether the stuff was wet or dry.  I have never tried back to
back loading, as one has posted.  That sounds frustrating and ripe for
error.  Besides, would the chemicals be right with double the negative area
in the same space?

My most successful attempt at keeping everything in it's place in a
darkroom was when I kept a pet skunk in it when I worked at a summer
camp.  Even though others had access to the room, no one bothered anything
in there. :-)

gregg