[OM] Re: : [OT]FYO but may be urban legend

Subject: [OM] Re: : [OT]FYO but may be urban legend
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:38:15 EST
I worked 30 years in the police department, and quite a few as a detective,
and I can tell you positively that no credit card company ever tells you to
file a police report. They handle everything in house. They weren't rude to us,
but they always declined to cooperate even when we'd arrest someone who had
thousands and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise in their posession that
they had just stolen with credit cards. They don't even assist us in
determining which store the goods were taken from, so most of the time the
stuff filled
up our evidence lockers and we couldn't find out where the stuff belonged to
at least give the stuff back to the stores. I'm talking tons of designer suits,
electronics everything. The credit companies just write it off and pass it
back to you in the form of higher interest rates. I guess they can't be
bothered
testifying all around the country in case after case.

George S.

golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We filed a police report (as instructed by VISA) and they said they are
taking several of these reports daily and told us to tell friends,
relatives and co-workers.