[OM] Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!

Subject: [OM] Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:58:17 -0500
I saw this tonight on www.dpreview.com

Skip

This is from auto-translated text as I cannot read japanese, so I'm not sure if
it is a rumor or 100% fact.

According to two japenese photography sites, Olympus is going to start sending
free OM adopters to all registered owners of E-1 by mail!

(Well, if Olympus read the Dpreview forum, they would have known about the
demand for this about a year ago)

According to what I can make out from the auto-translated text:

* AF does not work, only MF. It also "squeezes exposure", "photometry
drinking", "contraction priority AE", and "manual exposure"

* data will be available about "contraction" and focal length"

* they'll start shipping sometime in February on a first-come-first-served
basis

Sources (auto-translated japanese sites):

http://babelfish.altavista.com/... ...talcamera.jp%2F&lp=ja_en&tt=url

http://babelfish.altavista.com/... ...camezine.com%2F&lp=ja_en&tt=url

http://babelfish.altavista.com/... ...ne.com%2F4%2F3%2Farchives%2F000516.html