[OM] Re: SS reels

Subject: [OM] Re: SS reels
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:52:03 -0500
At one point I inspected by own ss reels with a loupe and found little
flecks of stuff dried in place.  I discovered that re-using photo flow was
not a good idea, and a "fresh"  gallon mix of it had developed it's own kind
of "pond scum."  Yuck.  Mixing a fresh quart of photo flo when needed fixed
a lot of quality problems.  Dad, being a tech rep for Kodak used to see
these problems all the time.  It was all very interesting.
Over- agitation could cause darkening at the edges due to swirling of
chemicals.  More than 5 seconds every 30 seconds can be bad.
Plastic reels were common in out high school photo class, but they had to be
bone dry for the next class to be able to use them.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121  Turnaround 6-8 weeks