[OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!

Subject: [OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:56:00 -0800

On Jan 16, 2004, at 10:05 AM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> What do you mean it worked for Canon and Nikon, Windsor? Canon and
> Nikon
> produced bodies specifically intended to use the "old lenses." They did
> not produce digital SLRs and a line of special lenses for the digital
> cameras.

Not exactly. What Canon has done is produce digital cameras that take
the older lenses and then started a lens redesign process to optimize
some of them for digital. Nikon has done the same thing and issued
special DX lenses specifically for their digital format as well. So
both companies created digital systems that allowed their customers to
transition with optimum results from most of their lenses and maybe
only the need to replace their wide angle lens. Pentax is emulating
this logical and customer friendly process.

The correct spelling for my name is in my signature.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA