[OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!

Subject: [OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:45:26 -0800

On Friday, January 16, 2004, at 11:47 AM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> With all due respect, Winsor, you're being a bit disingenuous
> here...Nikon and Canon have both had their DSLRs out for, what,
> three-four years or more now. And there weren't any special lenses
> released or designed for the cameras.

You seem to have misinterpreted what I said. The point I was trying to
make was that other makers have provided a transition path for their
customers and that Olympus is coming to it belatedly after denying that
they would. The other point I was making was that there is nothing
wrong with OM any more than most other film camera lenses being used on
a digital camera despite the Olympus line, but you seem to indicate
otherwise. I was just asking why you thought that OM lenses would not
work on a digital camera if Nikon and Canon and now Pentax film camera
lenses would.

  Also I thought I was clear in stating that Nikon and Canon introduced
their cameras and then modified their lens formulas, not that they were
issued at the same time.  It is a bit surprising to be accused of
saying something that I did not say and then being called disingenuous
for having said it. But it is easy to misread.

So what optical specification is different on an OM lens that makes it,
among all the makers,  uniquely unsuitable for digital? I have not
followed all the Olympus publicity. Have they explained that?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA