[OM] Re: Vertical format and heavy lenses -- the Manfrotto solution

Subject: [OM] Re: Vertical format and heavy lenses -- the Manfrotto solution
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:44:39 -0500
Hi there Andrew,

If I am remembering right doesn't the mount on a bellows have a screw
adjustment for this. I seem to recall you can take the mount all the way
off the rear bellows standard (thus how you sometimes find an Olympus
labelled bellows with a Nikon lens mount at the back end). Since this
ring is removable I seem to remember that you can have the body rotated
90 degrees, or anywhere in between if that floats your boat.

Dan S.

<SNIP>

>Where I find this slippage really annoying is in trying to get vertical
format closeup / macro shots with say a focussing >rail on the tripod.
There is no tripod ring to help there! Perhaps I'm being too fussy, but
I like vertical format for