[OM] Re: Reply Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!

Subject: [OM] Re: Reply Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:48:03 -0500
Brian,

I don't disagree a bit with what you wrote.  But the point of my
mini-diatribe, which I dashed off hurriedly during halftime of a
football game, was simply to counter the assertion that 35mm
lenses, in general, have greater resolution than MF or LF lenses.
Therefore, my aim was to make an apples-to-apples comparison,
giving no consideration to the obvious advantage of the larger
format and comparing like-size images.

In the real world, using, for example, a 6x9cm format camera, a
lens with half the resolution of a 35mm lens would, in the end,
produce a superior, more detailed print than the higher resolution
35mm lens simply because of the greater film size.  When the
lenses are at least equal, as you prove, MF wins hands-down.  LF
is a whole 'nother ball game.

I don't think we're disagreeing about anything.  We're just
looking at it from different perspectives.

Walt