[OM] Re: [OT] food, was: Tamales

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] food, was: Tamales
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:01:07 +1100
Plenty of people pointed out that it is a Roux (Fr.) but not one
mentioned that a roux is made with butter and flour. Zounds! Making
it with oil is almost as bad as eating a 'vegetarian' haggis (or veg.
lasagne or quiche or other such abominations). Butter is, of course,
the universal ingredient - improves just about anything.
And, I thought the cocoa or dark chocolate was an essential ingredient, no?
AndrewF
(who can imagine a very great deal of chili indeed).