[OM] Re: WTB: 300mm f4.5

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: 300mm f4.5
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:02:01 -0800
on 1/20/04 10:45 PM, Dean C. Hansen at hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I noticed that Cameta had a 300/4.5 in their "fresh arrivals"
> listing a few days ago.  Price was $209, condition Mint--, with tripod
> mount.  Always the bottom feeder, I pondered about 1 minute and bought
> it.  Checking things out, however (serial # is 108,+++), it is probably
> the earlier silver-nosed version.  Damn.  Well, it should make a good
> paper weight.  That's what happens when you leap before you look.  Hope
> it arrives by week's end.
> Dean

Before you use it to weight down your paperwork, run some film through it.
Many people find the 'old silver-nose versions' yield very very good
results... You got a very good price, even better to find out just how good
a lens it can be even if it is only silver-nosed. Post us some pictures and
see how many people notice <g>
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...