[OM] Re: cleaning

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:07:25 EST
I have had success with cleaning a couple of focusing screens that were
stubbornly dirty with a small amount of dishwashing liquid smeared on very
lightly
with my finger, then followed immediately with a good rinse under slightly
warm water. You must have clean, dry hands to start. You also have to have the
screen dry itself quickly to avoid spotting. I'm sure your natural skin oils
may
not be that good for the plastic, but like I've said, I haven't damaged a
screen yet, even though I've maybe only done this 3 times.

The previous comment that a dirty screen has no effect on the final photo is
certainly true, but a distractingly dirty screen takes me longer to focus
properly. Plus it bothers the heck out of my anal side.

George S.