[OM] Re: Some digest stats

Subject: [OM] Re: Some digest stats
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:09:23 -0800
I believe he is pointing out what he and others have regularly pointed
out, that many of us just hit the reply button, type up some drivel or
other :-), OT or not, and then hit the send button - WITHOUT deleting
the text of the message being replied to, and the one quoted in that one
and....... and the Oly list trailers. Thus, a complaint about the
menbers, rather than the list functions.

Now as a non-digest user, I rather like at least some small portion of
the post to which a reply is being made to give me some context and jog
my memory. There have been a couple of messages in that last day or so
that were absolutely unfathomable to me. They had no apparent
relationship to the subject line (and yes I'm often remiss about
changing subjects lines when a thread veers off in another direction, as
are others.) and nothing at all from whatever they were replying to or
who posted it.

I try to be good about walking a middle ground, including some context
and the name of the last sender while not quoting lots of chaff, example
below.

Moose