[OM] Film through the mail

Subject: [OM] Film through the mail
From: gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:05:33 -0600
Below is a correspondence I had w/ the USPS regarding film being zapped in the
mail.

Subject
Customer (robert gries) - 01/21/2004 01:11 PM
Is there a way to insure that photograhic film will not be subjected to X-ray
when being sent through the mail?
Response (JoAnn) - 01/22/2004 04:16 PM
Thank you for visiting our website.  Your mail will not be sanitized or
irradiated unless you are mailing to a ZIP Codes that starts with 202, 203,
204, or 205 (all mail sent to these ZIP Codes is sanitized before delivery).
We also suggest when mailing film or snapshots, that you boldly print the words
"HAND CANCEL" on both sides of the envelope to prevent damage from automatic
canceling machines.  Film rolls should be placed into envelopes sturdy enough
to withstand handling in the mail processing system.  Envelopes should be
correctly addressed on the outside to the processor, with the sender's return
address on both the outside and the inside.  As an extra precaution, an
adhesive label with the sender's name and address on it should be attached to
the film roll or cartridge.  If you have any other concerns, please let us
know.  Thank you for your inquiry.