[OM] Re: Z 35-70/3.6

Subject: [OM] Re: Z 35-70/3.6
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:29:03 -0700
Hi Moose and Piers:

I think that I have some answers now, the grinding can come for at least
three reasons other than grit.
1 lubrication dried out
2 dropped either denting the bearing housing or the outer sleeve
3 what appears to have happened to mine- the hood was overtightened and pet
the outer sleeve just enough out of round to create the raspy grinding feel

Gord