[OM] Re: Some digest stats

Subject: [OM] Re: Some digest stats
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:06:28 -0500
Mike will have to be the final arbiter of what he means, but I don't think
that's it.

For example, someone will put in a long posting, perhaps an informative one
such as Schnozz's DD-X posts. Someone else will reply, adding "Well said!"
or whatever at the top but including the *entire first post* instead of just
an excerpted line or so.

I'm on a DSL line so the only impact on me is occasional impatience as I
click the scrollbar, but I can see it would be a pain for someone on a slow
line.

Given the number of ways text can be quoted there may not be a reasonable
automated way to screen this. Given the number of times this issue has been
raised, perhaps everyone who's willing to edit has already been convinced.

See the example below for an example of editing out what isn't necessary to
set context for a reply.

Andrew