[OM] Was E-1 adapter thread, now joint venture proposal

Subject: [OM] Was E-1 adapter thread, now joint venture proposal
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:21:10 EST
In a message dated 1/23/2004 3:35:06 AM Central Standard Time,
daniel.tan@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
http://www.cameraquest.com/
In USA stocks those adapters. However I don't know if that price is
comparable to direct from Japan
OK, so these adapters are $175 plus postage.  Are there 6 other people on the
list who would be interested enough in seeing how these adapters work to pay
$25 to use one for a week?  My proposal works like this.  If I get 6 other who
have an interest and will send me $25, I'll buy one and send it to the first
person to have sent me $25.  After that person has it in his/her possession
for a week, they will send it to the second person on the list for 7 days, on
so
on until the 6th person uses it and returns it to me.  At that point, I would
send each of the people who participated a check for $12.50, so your net cost
for use of the adapter would be $12.50 plus the postage to mail the adapter
to the next person on the list.  The only possible downside I see, is if
someone decides they don't need to play by the rules and keeps the adapter
without
forwarding it the to person they are supposed to forward it to.  I will not be
held responsible if that occurs, which I would say is fairly unlikely based on
my past experiences on this list.  The maximum anyone would have at risk is
the original $25 contribution and the postage to send it to me.  If you are
interested, contact me off list.  A list of all players with be published to
the
list and I suspect this will generate some lively posts.  If you are going to
play, be sure you can have access to the proper Canon camera during your
period of use.  Bill Barber