[OM] Deep Regrets... OM System for sale!

Subject: [OM] Deep Regrets... OM System for sale!
From: "Bolty" <boldbolty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 11:26:13 +1000
This is a sad day for me... maybe someone will talk me out of it!
I have been buying a bit of Ca*on gear lately and have decided because it
suits my work flow better to sell the Olympus gear so it will help fund
buying a Ca*on digital SLR body.

For those not familiar with my work, check out
http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallByMember.asp?mem=22419
to get an idea of the quality of images I have been able to get from this
kit!

The following is for sale... I will not break it down into pieces... it is a
complete system purchase. I am asking AUS $1995.00 (Approx US $1500) The
price I think is more than fair for what you get and would be near
impossible to buy at the price I am offering if you bought each piece
individually!. When you have read the description for the kit and if you are
interested, please email me off list. I can send you photos if you are
seriously interested.

Here is what is in the kit;

Original leather OM camera carry case

Olympus OM-10 with manual adaptor (Includes body cap) Perfect working
condition. Marks in base plate from tripod mount and some slight wear marks.
The switch for changing between bulb, auto and manual is slightly worn
between click stops but does not effect its function.

Olympus OM-4. serviced within the last 6 months. perfect working condition.
Those that haven't owned the 4 series don't know what they are missing out
on. When it comes to exposure control and low light photography... I will
sorely miss this camera. Perfect working condition. Missing winder cover but
I have always had the winder on, so never bothered me. Marks in base from
tripod mount and some minor scuffing on edges of camera. Focusing screen has
a slight rub mark on very edge of screen. Almost impossible to notice hen a
lens is on. Believe me thou... this camera is not battle worn... the lens
mount looks almost new and there are no dings in camera body!

Winder 2. Some slight rub marks but in perfect condition.

Sigma 28mm f2.8 Unbelievable lens for quality. No fungus, scratches. Focus
and aperture all smooth. Paint wear on DOF markings on camera but that is
only a cosmetic thing.

Zuiko 50mm f1.4 Multi Coated. Slight mark in front element but looks like it
is on the inside so might be a little fungus. impossible to notice until you
look through lens into direct light. Everything else perfect!

Zuiko 50mm f1.8 Multi Coated Just the usual paint flecks inside but doesn't
effect picture quality. Everything else perfect.

Zuiko 35-70mm f4 Slight dust on internal element at the 35mm focal length.
Everything else perfect.

Tamron 135mm f2.5 Includes Adaptall 2 mount. Beautiful and sharp lens. Minor
dust flecks... most would say its clean... I'm just being picky. Everything
else perfect.

Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f2.8-4 lens. Heavy beast. Great macro capability
of  1:2.5  Everything perfect. Very sharp images.

Sigma 400mm f5.6 Faultless apart from slight mark on lens hood and tripod
mount! Very sharp lens. My favorite... just looks so beastly on the camera
and is light enough to hand hold. Includes Soft carry pouch

2x converters. There are 2... an OP brand and Brighton. Both in very good
condition. However, I rarely used them. Very hard to focus with and image
quality does degrade. Gives acceptable results but for publication and
competition work, just don't live up to the standard.

Tamron 80-210mm f3.8-4 Give away has fungus spots. Most would consider this
still useable. There are only a few specks, but I am very picky when it
comes to my gear. Would not be hard to clean if you know how to repair. No
adaptor mount.

Itorex set of auto extension tubes... 13, 21, 31mm. In box and I cant fault.
them. With the standard lens give over 1:1 macro. I have only just bought
them and have only tried them a couple of times. Results so far have been
impressive.

T32 flash. perfect condition

T20 flash perfect condition

BG2 Grip. Off camera flash bracket and base. Perfect, includes the following
accessories;
2x relay cords to use between BG2 and Winder2 for auto wind on when using
the shutter trigger on BG2 grip
1x 0.3mtr TTL cord
2x 2mtr TTL cords
1x Multi connector
Putting the T20 into the BG2 and using the multi connector means that you
can use dual flash for macro work on the OM-4. Or you can use the T20 on the
camera body and the T32 on the BG2 for bounce for perfect indoor lighting. I
think the OTF-TTL works better than E-TTL on the Canon when it comes to
flash work.

Accessories;
All lenses come with front lens and mounting caps. All have a filter of some
sort on them accept the give away Tamron. Camera bodies come with body caps.

There are 4 stepping rings.
49 to 55mm
52 to 55mm
55 to 58mm
58 to 55mm

Sixtomat old style hand held light meter. Does ambient and spot. Perfect
for when doing portrait work. In own leather case.

Range of filters. Including Sky light, 81a warm up, polarizer, Cross Screen.
Diffuser and set of close up

Spare cleaning gear

Spare batteries

Camera bag to hold all of the kit!.