[OM] Re: 50 or 55 f/1.2?

Subject: [OM] Re: 50 or 55 f/1.2?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:21:40 -0800
I assume you have looked at Gary's tests, which agree with general
opinion that the 50 is a better lens overall in resolution and contrast.
He tested both the radioactive and non-r versions of the 55mm. Whether
to worry about yellowing depends first on which version of the 55mm, as
one doesn't yellow and second on what kind of photography you do with
it. If you do slides and are sensitive to color balance, it would likely
be a problem. B&W and color neg, no problem. Mind you, this is not
direct experience, but summarized essence of what I've absorbed off the
list.

For me, a >1,100,000 50/1.4 is quite sufficient.

Moose