[OM] Re: A question about film preference

Subject: [OM] Re: A question about film preference
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:36:16 -0500
Cc: Bob_Benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'd only shoot transparancies myself.  Fuji Velvia, Provia, or Astia, depending
on your need for saturation and intense greens.  Grain is similar, with Velvia
getting the nod.

I've gien up on Kodachrome 64, as I don't like the grain structure and red-bias
vs. the Fuji films.  Astia, with it's natural, even tones, is definitely my
favorite.

With careful technique, acceptable 20x30 prints are easily within reach.  That
means mirror lockup or self-timer, medium apertures, good lenses, and a good
heavy tripod/support.

Skip