[OM] Re: using T-32 for studio flash...

Subject: [OM] Re: using T-32 for studio flash...
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:20:53 -0500
I used three T-32's and a single T-20 for quite a while in an all TTL studio
setup.

Two of the T-32's were mounted in one umbrella with a Quantum battery as the
main light.

The other T-32 was in another umbrella as the fill.

The T-20 was used as the background light and had some diffusing material over
it.

All the flahes were connected by TTL cords and controlled by an OM4t.  The
setup worked very nicely but there were a lot of cords and connectors, probably
$150 worth of TTL goodies, at least.

If I was to do it again, I'd spring for "real" studio monolights and use my
flashmeter.  The big advantage of using studio lights is that they have: 1.
modeling lights, which help to determine the lighting angles, and 2. the
ability to dial the power up/down to get exactly what you want.

Skip