[OM] Re: Re: GN of 2 T32's and multiple setups

Subject: [OM] Re: Re: GN of 2 T32's and multiple setups
From: Rainer Wagner <rainer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:54:35 +0100

Hi Ian,

<<a T32 + T32 = (32/2)+32 = 48
<<a T32 +T20 = (20/2)+32 = 42

Sorry that I feel like correcting you, but the official formula is:

Take square root of  the sum of the squared guide numbers.

That gives 45 for the double 32, but 38 for 20 + 32. Not a big difference,
but it applies easily to multiple setups :
two 32 + one 20 = 49, how calculate your way?

perhaps 32 +(32/2)+ (20/4) could be used , gives 53
OK, thats easy to do without a calculator, and if you subtract the value of
the first digit in all cases of your calculation (in the examples given
here), you are very close . But i just tried it out with other combinations,
you may indeed be way off with these.
And if you build up a multiple flash system, you normally will also have the
time to do the correct calculation ( Or indeed use our beloved TTL?)

Regards
Rainer

List Problem"