[OM] [OT]Digital Shutting down college darkrooms in Canada

Subject: [OM] [OT]Digital Shutting down college darkrooms in Canada
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:05:52 -0800
Interesting article linked from Rob Galbraith today:
http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040123.gtfilm23/BNStory/Technology/

BTW, for those of you keeping tabs on C*n*n DSLRs (I know you're out
there...) the replacement for the 1D, called the 1D Mark II, was
announced in France today...

8.2 megapixel CMOS sensor
*       8.5 images/sec
*       High capacity buffer holds 40 JPEG Images
*       New DIGIC II processor
*       Ultra-precise white balance
*       2 card slots, CF and SD
*       ISO from 50 to 3200
*       New E-TTL flash metering
*       High resolution 230,000 pixel rear LCD
*       PictBridge and PTP compatible

What I am most jazzed about is 8(!) megapixel, a *CMOS* sensor (yes!)
with DIGIC 2 (this image processing engine of C*n*n's is truly
impressive...)

Can't wait to see what BIG prints on an Epson 2200 or 4400 will look
like with that puppy!

  (I just printed something  at 10" X15" the other day taken with my
1D shot  JPEG Large/ *Coarse* on my 2200 that looks phenomenal...that
Epson 2200 is really incredible).

Rumor is that the 10D will be replaced soon with something comparable.

N*k*n is in big trouble....

-Stephen.

--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!