[OM] Re: Photo workshops

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo workshops
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:34:59 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <ClassicVW@xxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 3:12 PM

> Or, you can do what I did a few years back- Just fly somewhere, rent a
car,
> and just pick your own spots for a few days, or a week. Two weeks in one
place
> may be way too much though. Think about splitting it up between two
different
> areas of the country or world.

Defintely plan on splitting up the locations. Fortunately, I've never
traveled that far west in the states so there are plenty of places for me to
go to see.

The car rental option is out for me because I don't have a driver's licence.
However, Greyhound is the ultimate solution for cheap travel and will
probably be my transportation choice for between towns. This is one of the
big advantages that a workshop has for me, it provides transportation and
would allow me to get to places I wouldn't be able to see otherwise because
of not having a car.

In terms of splitting it up, I have 10 days of vacation that I plan on
taking. With weekends, that should be 16 days total off. I have family in
Denver so I'll probably spend a few days there. Then I figure I could take a
few days for a workshop and then hit a couple other areas.

My current list of possibilities is as follows:

- Head North and visit Yellowstone
- Head South and cover Arizona and New Mexico
- Head more to the west and see Yosemite.

I figure that with the time I have, I can probably only hit 2 out of 3 here.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/