[OM] Re: Diffraction Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Diffraction Lenses
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:47:40 +0000
'Normal' lenses work by *re*fraction, the bending of the light path
caused by the different refractive indices of glass and air.
*dif*fraction is the change in light path caused by passage of light
through slits or apertures - only significant when the size of the slit
or aperture is comparable to the wavelength of the light.

Roger