[OM] Re: Monza photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Monza photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:27:33 -0800
Quite a different solution than the sites like Dick cites that do all
the display themselves. For hosts like IDCSoft, one needs to generate
the HTML oneself. There are several solutions to automate the process
available. Look at sites you like and they will often have a link to the
site of the software that generated the pages. I've heard several
commented on on the list, but don't remember details. With  Photoshop 7,
Adobe added the ability to generate web ready photo albums. Since I
already had PS7, that's what I use. They have several pre-designed
formats, none of which I much liked. The good thing is that they are
generated from templates that are editable. The bad thing is that the
way the templates work is not fully documented, so a little
experimentation was needed for me.

I do think that self generated pages displayed on a generic host are
superior to the sites that display photos you send them in fixed
formats. I started this thresd by complaining about Photo.com and I
tried Yahoo Photos, since it comes with my DSL, and it stinks. Now the
trick is to figure out why my picture site
<http://www.geocities.com/dreammoose/garden/index.htm> now displays the
text on the index page and the top of the individual image pages in
virtually unreadable black instead of the white it used to display. The
local copy still displays correctly, oh well.

Moose